• 2025-02
    24

    On February 24th, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced on the 23rd that in the past day, the Russian military repelled Ukrainian troops in Donetsk, Kherson and other areas and launched an offensive, destroying a large number of Ukrainian tanks, armored vehicles and other equipment, as well as several electronic warfare base stations, ammunition depots, etc. In addition, the Russian military also attacked the gathering places of Ukrainian military commanders, military airport infrastructure, and fuel storage facilities. On the 23rd, the Ukrainian side announced that the Ukrainian army repelled multiple Russian attacks in the direction of Pokrovsk and Kursk. Ukrainian Armed Forces Commander in Chief Sersky stated that Ukraine is preparing to equip new long-range strike weapons that can attack targets up to 1700 kilometers deep within Russian territory, and the strike range is constantly increasing. (CCTV News)

  • On February 24th, officials from the US State Department told their employees not to immediately respond to an email from Elon Musk, the head of the US Department of Efficiency, listing the work completed in the past week. On the same day, the US Department of Defense also issued a statement saying that its personnel may have received an email from the US Personnel Administration asking for “what did you do last week”. In response, the Ministry of National Defense stated that it is responsible for reviewing the performance of its personnel and will conduct any reviews according to its own procedures. If necessary, the Ministry of National Defense will coordinate the emails received by employees. At present, the Ministry of National Defense requires employees to suspend any replies to the email.

  • On February 24th, two informed sources revealed that US immigration officials launched a new round of immigration enforcement operations in Los Angeles, California on the same day. At present, it is unclear how many people were detained during the immigration enforcement operation on that day. Previously, informed sources stated that US immigration officials are planning a series of law enforcement actions in the Los Angeles area to detain and deport individuals. It is expected that US Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials will receive assistance from agencies such as the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Customs and Border Protection.

  • On February 24, President Erdogan of Türkiye held a telephone conversation with President Makron of France on February 23 local time to exchange views on bilateral relations, regional and global affairs. Erdogan stressed that Türkiye has always been committed to promoting the end of the Russia-Ukraine conflict and making sustained efforts to achieve a just and lasting peace. As a country that has repeatedly urged both parties to the conflict to return to the negotiating table, Türkiye is willing to provide support for the peace negotiations, including serving as the host. He emphasized that a negotiation process that does not exclude any party should be initiated to achieve a genuine peaceful solution. In addition, Erdogan made it clear that Türkiye is firmly opposed to the plan of moving Palestinians to Egypt, Jordan or other third countries. The two sides believe that as NATO allies, Türkiye and France should strengthen coordination and cooperation in the new stage, address common challenges and promote regional stability. (CCTV News)

  • On February 24th, SpaceX announced that it launched the Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California at 20:38 Eastern Time, sending 22 Starlink satellites into low Earth orbit.

  • On February 24th, the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) issued a statement condemning Israel’s expansion of military operations in the northern West Bank. Israeli Defense Minister Israel Israel Katz said on the 23rd that he has instructed the Israeli military to be prepared to stay in some Palestinian refugee camps in the West Bank for the “next year” and not allow Palestinian residents to return. Hamas claims that this is an unrealistic fantasy and calls on all Palestinian factions and the entire population of the West Bank to form a united front, strengthen resistance, and prevent the Israeli army from committing more crimes.

  • On the evening of February 24th, the official website of the Kremlin announced an order issued by Russian President Putin, appointing Kirill Dmitriev, the head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, as the special representative of the president responsible for investment and economic cooperation with foreign countries. It is reported that Dmitriev will be responsible for developing cooperation between Russia and countries in the South as well as Western countries (including the United States). He will retain the position of head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund.

  • On February 24th, Ukrainian President Zelensky announced at a press conference that he will hold talks with US President Trump, but he refused to disclose the specific time. On that day, Zelensky also stated that Ukraine had begun auditing its underground mineral resources as part of the preparations for signing a mineral memorandum with the United States.

  • On February 24, UN Secretary General Guterres issued a statement on February 23, pointing out that February 24 marked the third anniversary of the outbreak of the Russia-Ukraine conflict. He reiterated the urgency of achieving a just, sustainable, and comprehensive peace. Guterres said in the statement that 80 years after the end of the Second World War, the Russia-Ukraine conflict not only posed a serious threat to peace and security in Europe, but also shook the basic principles and core foundation of the United Nations. Guterres said, “After three years of death and destruction, I once again call for an urgent easing of the situation and an immediate cessation of hostilities. I welcome all efforts to achieve a just and inclusive peace. The United Nations stands ready to support these efforts

  • On February 23, in response to the online video of “Zhangjiajie tour guides are accused of complaining about tourists’ non consumption”, the Bureau of Culture, Tourism and Commerce of Wulingyuan National Scenic Spot District, Zhangjiajie City reported today that after preliminary verification, the tour group was received by Zhangjiajie Zunyue International Travel Agency Co., Ltd. entrusted by the sales department of Jingzhou Expressway Service Area, Hubei Province, and the tour guide Chen made improper remarks in the car due to the lack of tourists’ shopping. The investigation procedure has been officially launched tonight, and it is planned to severely punish the travel agencies and tour guides involved in accordance with the law, resolutely punish illegal and irregular behaviors such as “false advertising” and “forced shopping”, and effectively safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of tourists.