Category: Flash News
-
2025-0204
On February 4th, the Federal Reserve’s Bostic stated that the current level of uncertainty has significantly increased. Tariffs are an uncertain aspect and it is difficult to determine how to take them into consideration. In order to maintain the credibility of the institution, the Federal Reserve needs to control the inflation rate at 2%, and it is expected that inflation will continue to decline.
-
British Prime Minister meets with NATO Secretary General to discuss defense budget and tariff issues
On February 4th, British Prime Minister Stamer met with NATO Secretary General Rutte in Brussels and held a joint press conference. Lute stated at the press conference that he welcomes the UK’s plan to further increase its defense budget. Stamer said that the UK is working hard to set its defense spending target at around 2.5% of gross domestic product. Regarding the possibility of a trade war between the United States and Canada, Rutte stated that it will not affect NATO’s ability to maintain deterrence. Regarding the issue of Trump’s plan to impose tariffs, Stammer said, “It’s still too early, the US and Europe are planning intense discussions.” He said that the UK does not need to make a choice between the US and the EU.
-
On February 4th, according to data from online platforms, as of 0:00 on February 4th, the cumulative box office of the film “Ne Zha: The Demonic Child Roars in the Sea” has surpassed “The Wandering Earth 2” and entered the top ten box office charts in Chinese film history. According to data from the Cat Eye Professional Edition, the movie “Ne Zha: The Demonic Child Roars in the Sea” has been released for 7 days, with over 80 million viewers.
-
On February 3rd, after Marko Kolanovic suddenly left JPMorgan Chase last summer and caused a sensation on Wall Street, many things happened. The Federal Reserve has lowered interest rates for the first time in four years. Donald Trump has won the presidency of the United States. The S&P 500 index has risen by another 9%. His former colleagues also gave up their bearish views one after another. But for this celebrity strategist, there hasn’t been much change. When he left JPMorgan last year, he was one of the few strategists who still held a pessimistic view of this bull market. He believes that the US stock market faces many risks, ranging from high concentration to geopolitical instability, to the point where it still faces the risk of a significant decline. The S&P 500 index is currently above 6000 points, hitting a new high two weeks ago, but Kolanovic predicts that the index may experience a drop of 1000 points or more.
-
2025-0203
On February 3rd, it was reported that OpenAI and SoftBank Group will seek to establish artificial intelligence infrastructure in Japan, including data centers and power plants. These two companies will hold a gathering of over 500 Japanese companies in Tokyo on Monday to seek their participation in the industry application of generating artificial intelligence. OpenAI CEO Sam Ultraman and SoftBank Group CEO Masayoshi Son are expected to announce their statements on Monday evening after meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shigeru Ishiba.
-
On February 3rd, the National Transportation Safety Board of the United States issued a statement on February 2nd local time, stating that the agency has dispatched staff to the scene of the Philadelphia plane crash to participate in the investigation. As of the afternoon of the 2nd, the number of injured in the Philadelphia plane crash has increased to 22, with 5 injured still hospitalized, including 3 in critical condition. The accident has caused at least 7 deaths. The Philadelphia city government will hold a meeting at 19:00 on the 5th to answer questions about the accident and provide resources. (CCTV News)
-
On February 3rd, the South African rand fell 1.7% against the US dollar after Trump claimed to cut off all future funding to South Africa. Trump tweeted, “South Africa is confiscating land and mistreating certain classes of people. The United States will take action. In addition, I will cut off all future funding to South Africa until a comprehensive investigation into this situation is completed
-
On February 3rd, the Institute of Disarmament and Peace Studies of the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement. The communique stated that not long ago, the United States issued a plan to further expand its missile defense system under the pretext of ensuring the security of its homeland and allied countries from the so-called “strategic threat” of intensified enemy forces. The United States is accelerating the development of hypersonic interception missiles with allied countries such as Japan, and deploying the THAAD system to multiple regions such as South Korea, which will inevitably stimulate security concerns among regional countries. The increasingly stringent global security environment urgently requires North Korea to continuously develop a self-defense and defense force centered on nuclear containment, respond to the increasingly fierce military hegemony attempts of the United States, and reliably safeguard the country’s security and development rights. In the future, North Korea will strengthen its military force without limits to cope with the increasingly fierce military threats from hostile forces, rely on its strong self-defense capabilities to maintain world peace, and build a more stable regional security environment. (CCTV News)
-
On February 3rd, local time, the Canadian government released a press release on its official website, announcing a product catalog for retaliatory tariffs against the United States. “In response, we will impose a 25% tariff on $155 billion worth of US imported products. Canadian Finance Minister LeBron announced the complete list of tariffs imposed on $30 billion worth of goods imported from the United States on the same day, which is the first phase of Canada’s response to the unreasonable tariffs imposed by the United States on Canadian goods. This measure will take effect when the US tariffs are implemented on February 4th. This list includes products such as beverages, cosmetics, and paper products. The Canadian government also plans to impose tariffs on another $125 billion worth of US imported products. The second list will be released in the coming days, which will include passenger cars, trucks and buses, steel and aluminum products, certain fruits and vegetables, aerospace products, beef, pork, dairy products, and other products. There will be a 21 day public opinion consultation period before the implementation of tariffs. (CCTV News)
-
On February 3rd, a spokesperson for the European Commission stated that the EU regrets the US decision to impose tariffs on goods imported from Canada, Mexico, and China. Tariffs can cause unnecessary economic chaos and drive inflation, which is harmful to all parties involved. The EU remains committed to promoting growth and economic stability through low tariffs, and maintaining a strong, rules based trading system. At present, we have not been informed of any additional tariffs on EU products, and the EU will “firmly respond” to any trading partners who impose unfair or arbitrary tariffs on EU goods. US President Trump has repeatedly threatened to impose tariffs on EU exports to the United States. He recently said that if products are not produced in the United States, they will face tariffs of “hundreds of billions or even trillions of dollars”. (CCTV News)
